About JLookUpCurrent Version:
220.127.116.11 (get it here
2.0a-6.0 (get it here
JLookUp is a Japanese↔English dictionary program for Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, and XP.
JLookUp was born because, basically, I got tired of using JQuickTrans, so I asked myself, 'Can we do better?' (to quote Mister Glinos). I sure felt that we could, so I started JLookUp and produced a piece of software better than JQuickTrans--and free.
Some features include:
- Built-in kana IME
- This means that it will convert what you type--as you type--to hiragana or katakana.
- ROMAji to kana conversion
- This means that you can type using normal characters and it will convert them to Japanse for you when you search.
- kana-insensitive search
- Sort of like a case-sensitive search (but for kana).
- Search in the front/middle/back
- The normal ways of searching for text.
- Wildcard support
- Japanese searches support '_' (any number of characters, usually '*') and '?' (any one character) wildcards.
- Match substrings of the text
- Find all words possible from the text.
- Kanji radical lookup
- Look up unknown kanji by selecting its radicals.
- Multiple dictionary support
- Add your own EDICT-format dictionaries.
- English searching.
- Now very similar to a Google search (compared to before *wink*)
- Tons of encoding support.
If you want to download JLookUp, click on the bold Download
button on the side (or this one), and get the on from the 'fast mirror'. Documentation can be viewed here
, or it can be downloaded (see the side bar).
JLookUp 2.0 is currently in active development and will be periodically released as use-at-your-own-risk alphas.
Thanks everyone, and e-mail me
if you have any questions or comments.